Review service charges
A review of your service charges can mitigate costs and achieve savings on your service charge liability
- Do you benefit from all the services you are contributing towards?
- Is the service charge complying with your lease terms?
- Has best practice of service charge been taken into account?
- Are major works being undertaken?
Service charges can form a significant part of an occupier’s outgoings. A forensic audit of the service charges you are contributing towards can result in savings and lead to a reduction in costs. Our specialist team have a wealth of experience providing service charge reviews and understand the intricacies and complexities of this work. We are able to investigate your service charge outgoings to ensure:
• Your landlord is complying with the terms of your lease • The costs represent value for money • Best practice is being observed • Any major works you are contributing to are reasonable and valid • Demands are being raised correctly
Where applicable, we can negotiate a reduction in costs with landlords. We secured savings of £3.1m for our clients in 2019. Our investigations can be used to release efficiency savings for tenants, refine budgets and inform business decisions.
Have a question?
Nicky Knight Associate Director Service Charge Consultancy email@example.com