Align FM service delivery
Have you aligned your FM operating costs and contracts to your new ways of working?
- Have you aligned your FM operating contracts and arrangements to your new business priorities and footprint?
- Are there short term operational changes that could be translated into longer-term cost savings?
Every square metre of space saved (see Rightsizing) offers significant opportunity for cost savings across the key FM service lines e.g. maintenance, cleaning, security, etc.
By aligning FM services appropriately, longer-term cashable savings are often possible (10-20% savings depending on maturity of operating model). However, they need to be sustainable and avoid undermining other business priorities e.g. employee well-being and customer experience.
In practical terms occupiers can:
- Adjust service levels up or down against the new needs of the business (e.g. FOH, Reception, Catering and Hospitality, targeted Cleaning and Hygiene and the revised criticality of M&E provision)
- Align service volumes to the changing footprint
- Renegotiate contracts to reflect the services delivered e.g. negotiate a rebate on cleaning, front of house and hospitality services which can be offset against future requirements such as increased cleaning regimes
- Challenge your supply chain to respond with innovative solutions on how services can still be delivered whilst supporting a cost reduction i.e. can the use of security systems reduce the number of guards?
Our specialist team of over 50 Workplace and FM consultants have worked with over 100 clients in the last 15 years, taking a holistic view of our clients’ FM operating models and driving long-term performance improvements, sustainable cost reductions and value across the supply chain creating a platform for genuine continuous improvement.
For more information please contact:
Cerys Jones Director Workplace, Arts & Culture firstname.lastname@example.org
Darren Pettit Head of Procurement Workplace, Arts & Culture email@example.com